This is a Secret Santa style fanworks exchange for the SPN and CWRPF fandom. You sign up with what you'd like to receive and what you're able to do, then you're matched up to create a SPN or CWRPF fandom gift for another participant and to receive one in return.
Art, fic, and vids are all welcome as are any and all pairings. Despite the community name, this is not a J2 only exchange - you can request Sam/Castiel, Rowena gen, Jensen/Rob, Osric/Genevieve, or whichever other pairings float your boat.
The general rules for the exchange are as follows:
1. Please keep your identity a secret from your giftee until you post your gift.
2. All fics must be at least 1,000 words in length. For art and vids, we ask that you spend an equivalent minimum amount of time on your gifts. Please use a beta for your works to make your giftee the happiest you can!
3. All gifts must be complete, able to stand alone, and entirely your own work. If you really like what you've created and want to create timestamps/sequels later, that's your choice but when it's posted for your giftee to see, it needs to be finished for them to enjoy in full.
4. Please stick to your giftee's wishlist. The more information each one of you volunteers as guidelines, the better the person assigned to you can try to fulfil your wishes and avoid your dislikes.
5. Keep to the deadlines! This includes replying to the original assignment email, replying to the November check-in email and posting your gift on time. If you find yourself unable to fulfill your assignment at any time, email us (spnj2xmas @ gmail.com). If you find yourself needing an extension, email us. Please sign up with an email address that you check regularly and please don't just drop off the face of the earth during the exchange!
6. Spoiler policy for the duration of the exchange: please warn for any season 12 specific aired spoilers when you post your gift. White-lining or using the LJ spoiler function are both good solutions. This covers all new character names and any plot points for aired season 12 episodes. At no point are spoilers for unaired episodes tolerated! This means no season 12 spoilers in this post please.
Dropping out/Signing up
As per last year's dropout policy, if you dropped out once the posting period commenced on December 1st, with or without informing us, you aren't able to sign up this year. This isn't many people but please check in with us if you're unsure before signing up.
The same applies this year: if you drop out once posting commences on December 1, 2016, with or without warning or excuses, you won't be eligible to sign up next year.
As always, please consider carefully before signing up. You are assigned to create a gift for a specifically matched other participant, so if you drop out it does have consequences as we must find an appropriate pinch-hitter to cover your assignment.
Okay, on to the fun stuff: how to sign up!
If you're interested, please sign up in the comments here using the following template.
The most important bits are what you do and don't LIKE, and what you can and can't DO. You can be as detailed as you want in your likes and dislikes! These are used for matching you all up and giving your assigned creator an idea of what you'd like to receive. Last year's sign-up post is here if you want to see some examples.
What you can/can't do doesn't need to be as detailed as your likes/dislikes but some detail is very much appreciated when I'm doing the matching.
The prompts are technically optional, both for the sign-up comment and for your gifter to use, but very useful to give your gifter more of an idea about what to make for you, so providing them will go a long way to getting you the best gift possible.
If you'd prefer art/vids only, say so, and tailor your likes/prompts accordingly. Be aware that artists are rarer than writers (and vidders are basically beautiful unicorns), so we cannot 100% guarantee you’ll get exactly what you want. Try to include some fic-friendly wants/prompts as well!
If you're happy to receive anything (i.e. art, vid or fic), please give likes/prompts useful to artists and vidders as well as fic writers.
Sign ups will run for one week, from today Tuesday September 6th to 11:59pm EST on Tuesday September 13th.
Assignments will be sent out approximately a week later, on or after September 20th. We'll post when they've been sent out and ask everyone to confirm receipt.
Posting of gifts will run from December 1 to December 25, 2016. You can post your gift any time in that range - there are no assigned posting dates - and we'll be checking in with you along the way. We will give you full posting instructions nearer the time!
If you sign up, we would also recommend joining and watching the community now so that you can be granted posting access and so that you don't miss out on any information.
One last thing: If you have participated in any of the past rounds and have changed your LJ name since, please let us know, either in your sign-up comment or in an email to spnj2xmas @ gmail.com. This is to try and prevent people getting the same match-ups as they've had in the past - we want to keep things new for everyone!
Any questions, please send them to the mod email address: spnj2xmas @ gmail.com
Pinch-hitters, as always, are lifesavers. A post will go up nearer the time pinch-hitters are needed, asking for your sign-ups. ♥
If you would like to help promote this round, please check out the delightfully dorky promo banners I made HERE.
Here's to another fantastic round! Have fun!